What You Can Expect Working in the IT Support Specialist Intern Position
Department/Division: Information Technology
Reports to: IT Manager
Position Type/Hours:Full-time | M-F | 8:00a - 5:00p
Overtime: Approved Time Only
Travel Requirement: Local travel required
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
As an IT Support Specialist Intern, you will be providing exceptional IT support to our internal LANGE companies through excellent customer service and IT expertise. A typical day involves handling IT support tickets, small IT projects, and configuring new hardware.Responsibilities
- Accepts, responds, documents and resolves IT support tickets in a timely fashion in-person, over the phone or by email, ensuring end-users are completely satisfied.
- Troubleshoots errors experienced on laptops, desktops, printers, phones, and tablets.
- Installs, modifies, and repairs computer hardware and software.
- Responsible for successful user onboarding and offboarding.
- Maintains inventory and keeps devices consistent and up-to date by coordinating, scheduling and performing desktop/server/network/storage software upgrades and patching.
- Conducts basic and intermediate training for end-user computing devices.
- Manages configurations of user-based technical devices.
- Performs other system administration duties.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- 6+ months of college-level courses in the Information Technology field.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Working knowledge and experience troubleshooting problems of desktop/laptop computers and the windows operating system.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other MS Office productivity tools.
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems (Windows 7/Windows 10).
- Experience with Active Directory user management.
- Experience conducting training for end user computer devices.
- Mobile device management experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange / Office 365.
- Experience with Help Desk management ticketing system.
There are no supervisory responsibilities at this time. Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.